Principles & Values
Blenheim is a value driven organisation. We are committed to change, quality, honesty, innovation and integrity. These strong values are at the heart of all we do, because we believe in people’s capacity to change.
- Drug and alcohol use is what people do, not who they are.
- We challenge myths and stereotypes surrounding drug and alcohol use.
- We provide opportunities to develop through support and learning.
- We advocate that the opportunity to change is a right, not a privilege.
At Blenheim we work with over 11,000 people a year making an impact that not only improves the health of the individual, but has a lasting positive impact on the wellbeing of their families, friends and the communities in which they live. People who use our services are not just people with drug and alcohol problems, they are partners, fathers, mothers, sisters, grandmothers, children, brothers, friends, work colleagues and carers.
Every journey starts with the first step and our role is to help people map their personal journey to a dependency free life.
We aspire to:
- Improve people’s quality of life in a sustained way – it’s not enough to treat dependency in isolation. People often need to address a wide range of issues in their lives, from relationships to employment, housing to nutrition.
- Actively and effectively campaign on behalf of people stigmatised by drug and alcohol use – in over 50 years of social action we continue to be a loud advocate for those with some of the most complex needs in society.
- Develop innovative new ways to move people from dependency to autonomy – we tailor each person’s recovery plan to their needs and are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve the care that we are able to provide to individuals.
- Cultivate an organisation that continues to move from strength to strength as we achieve our charitable objectives – in the coming years we intend to continue our work with dedication and an unwavering commitment to help people rebuild their lives.
View our poster with our mission, vision and values below.