Club Drugs and Chemsex
This 2 day training covers emerging trends in club drugs, new or novel psychoactive substances (NPS) and chemsex. The course covers the culture and behaviours surrounding club drugs and chemsex as well as the associated substances and specific risk; giving participants the opportunity to explore and identify effective ways of engaging and working with club drug and chemsex clients.
All training is delivered at our centre, Blenheim CDP, Cantilever Court, 210 Wandsworth Road, London, SW8 2JU.
If you have eight or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact our Training Coordinator on 020 7582 2200 or complete the enquiry form below for more information.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training centre please complete the enquiry form below to register your interest.
- 1st & 2nd May 2018
- 25th & 26th September 2018
- 12th & 13th December 2018
The course covers:
- Defining club drugs and NPS
- The Law
- Drug categories
- The main general club drugs effects and risks
- Routes of administration
- Practice in implementing harm reduction strategies at different stages of recovery
- Identifying the main ‘Chemsex’ drugs effects and risks
- Examining sexualised drug taking behaviour and culture
- Exploring attitudes and barriers to treatment
- Formulating a recovery and risk management plan using case studies
At the end of this course you will:
- Have an overview of the club drugs/Novel Psychoactive Substance (NPS) and chemsex culture
- Understand associated risks including routes of administration and sexual behaviour
- Have an increased confidence in your ability to effectively support clients
- £200 (charity, voluntary or community organisations)
- £250 (statutory or public sector)
- £300 (corporate or private sector)
All prices include VAT