Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Approaches
This two day course introduces participants to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Approaches. The course is experiential and allows participants to practice CBTA from both practitioner and service user perspectives.
The course covers:
- A brief history and explanation of the development of CBT philosophy and approaches.
- Introduction to CBT key components
- Assessing suitability of CBTA for service users
- How to introduce CBTA into practice
- Making a plan for change using CBTA
- An exploration of core beliefs and unhelpful thinking styles including maladaptive rules, negative automatic thoughts and thinking and behaviour cycles
- Socratic dialogue and synthesising questions
- Practice in identifying ‘hot’ thoughts and cooling them down
- Measuring the effect of CBTA to ensure evidence based practice
‘Really positive vibe, left feeling enthusiastic to put into practice’
‘I have absolutely enjoyed & feel uplifted & inspired by this training’
‘The best training I have been on’
‘Really enjoyed the training and will use back in the project’