Managing Difficult Situations
This 1 day training combines experiential learning through dynamic role play and case studies, with up to date information and clear advice on managing a variety of difficult situations.
Delegates will explore conflict and conflict resolution by following critical incidents from their origins to potential conclusions.
Delegates will have the opportunity to develop their skills in identifying signs of potential conflict and understanding the common triggers as well as learning key but simple de-escalation techniques. They will gain an awareness of appropriate steps to take both from a service and personal viewpoint following an incident.
All training is delivered at our centre, Blenheim CDP, Cantilever Court, 210 Wandsworth Road, London, SW8 2JU.
If you have eight or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact our Training Coordinator on 020 7582 2200 or complete the enquiry form below for more information.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training centre please complete the enquiry form below to register your interest.
- 14th June 2018
- 12th September 2018
- 7th December 2018
The course covers:
- Practice that can reduce the potential for aggression
- Awareness of positive forms of communication
- A range of strategies to manage aggressive behaviour
At the end of this course you will:
- Be able to identify factors that lead to difficult situations
- Have a greater awareness of contributory factors
- Demonstrate a range of strategies to avoid/deal with difficult situations
- Review incidents in the workplace in conjunction with service protocols
- £115 (charity, voluntary or community organisations)
- £140 (statutory or public sector)
- £175 (corporate or private sector)
All prices include VAT