Understanding Substance Use
Knowledge of substance awareness is continually changing. New drugs continue to be experimented with, whilst information of existing drugs continues to expand. Over the two days delegates will explore different substances, their effects on brain and body, how they are used, associated risks, potential consequences and sources of help and support.
This course is delivered externally to groups of up to 16 delegates.
Contact our Training Coordinator on 020 7582 2200 or complete the enquiry form below for more information.
The course covers:
- Definition of a drug
- Review of existing knowledge
- Main drug categories
- More commonly used substances (risks and general indicators)
- Opiate prescribing
- Tolerance and Withdrawal
- Poly drug use
- Risks – physical, psychological and environmental
- Main club drugs
- Routes of administration
- Legislation and policy
- Treatment and recovery options
At the end of this course you will have:
- An understanding of a range of drugs
- The ability to recognise indicators of use
- Awareness of associated risks
- Confidence in making effective referrals
Contact our Training Coordinator on 020 7582 2200 or complete the enquiry form below for information on course fees.