Following our merger last year we are changing our name to Humankind. From 1st June you will be redirected to the Humankind website where you can find all our service information, jobs and latest news


The family and friends of someone with alcohol or drug problems need help as well. It can be hard to know what to do, or if you are doing the right thing, but there are specialist services here to help.

A number of Blenheim services offer specialist support for children, young people and their families who are worried about a parent’s alcohol or drug use and how it may be affecting children and family life.

Services can provide:

  • Support to reduce the effect of a parents alcohol and drug use on children and family life
  • Support with parenting
  • Support for children and young people to build resilience

Download the factsheet below to find out the answers to some frequently asked questions.


Thumbnail of download

FAQs for Families and Friends

Download this FAQs factsheet for young people to find out more information for families and friends

Where else can I get help?

Find a Blenheim Service