This 2 day OCN London accredited Level 3 training provides a comprehensive introduction to the theory of Motivational Interviewing (MI).
Motivational Interviewing is a refined guidance communication style originating in the counselling field. It aims to support clients in sustained behaviour change, including drugs and alcohol use.
Motivational interviewing is a collaborative approach which acknowledges the client as the expert, whilst the practitioner’s role is to be with the client in a way that is helpful. MI is the art of helpfulness.
We also offer an MI Train the Trainer one day add-on to our two day motivational interviewing training. Delegates will have the opportunity to develop a greater understanding of training delivery processes and increase their confidence in planning and delivering MI training sessions. See the section below for more details.
All training is delivered at our centre, Blenheim CDP, Cantilever Court, 210 Wandsworth Road, London, SW8 2JU.
If you have eight or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact our Training Coordinator on 020 7582 2200 or complete the enquiry form below for more information.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training centre please complete the enquiry form below to register your interest.
- 22nd & 23rd May 2018
- 22nd & 23rd August 2018
- 22nd & 23rd November 2018
The course will:
- Explore the context and origins of MI
- Discuss the spirit and principles of MI
- Recognise and practice key MI Skills
- Identify different types of change talk
- Explore strategies for evoking active change
- Apply MI interventions to different stages of change
- Identify practical ways to respond to individuals within the context of MI
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the spirit and principles of MI
- Identify and practice MI key skills
- Reflect on how to usefully implement MI key skills into your own practice.
- £200 (charity, voluntary or community organisations)
- £250 (statutory or public sector)
- £300 (corporate or private sector)
All prices include VAT
For information on accreditation please complete the enquiry form below
This is a one day add-on to our Motivational Interviewing training.
Within this session we explore group training process and associated models and compare different group leadership styles. Delegates will structure and deliver their own MI based training session which they will evaluate and reflect on and receive constructive feedback from experienced MI trainers.
This training is suitable for anyone who has completed the two day MI training and would like to provide MI training to others.
Please complete the enquiry form below for more details.