This two day course will enhance your knowledge of opiates, their effects on the body and brain and associated risks. This will increase your confidence with clients, including supporting individuals to explore substitute prescribing and treatment options. You will also have the opportunity to embed and practice new knowledge and skills in interactive exercises.
All training is delivered at our centre, Blenheim CDP, Cantilever Court, 210 Wandsworth Road, London, SW8 2JU.
If you have eight or more people who would like to attend this course then group training could be the most cost-effective option. Contact our Training Coordinator on 020 7582 2200 or complete the enquiry form below for more information.
If you would like to attend this course at our London training centre please complete the enquiry form below to register your interest.
- 25th & 26th April 2019
- 13th & 14th August 2019
The course covers:
- History of opiates
- Opiates and the brain
- Opiates and the body
- Intoxication and withdrawal
- Health risks
- Poly drug use
- Substitute prescribing and treatment options
At the end of this course you will have:
- A greater knowledge of the effects and risks associated with opiate use
- Increased confidence in discussing and supporting clients with substitute prescribing options
- An awareness of treatment options
- £200 (charity, voluntary or community organisations)
- £250 (statutory or public sector)
- £300 (corporate or private sector)
All prices include VAT